Thursday, January 31, 2013

wednesday morning repo


Parking violation
Possession and repossession
Never owned
Belonging is a matter of opinion
Cloud grey is everyone’s birthright
The sun is our collective blessing
Our ultimate curse
Holes burned through our birthright


The will never included you
But your will was stronger than mine
Even as my eyes fixed on the future
I woke to the present
You beside me
Peaceful and smiling in the morning

Hearts were broken last night
By those with bad habits
I vowed I’d not be a taker
But things get lost
In the maelstrom of circumstance

And you do what you have to
To survive

Promises whispered
Mingle with dreams
In the dark
Solidly here
Nobodyelse will come to claim me
I sip my tea in peace

Keep the door locked
Against thieves
But fire snatches faster
With fingers far more cruel


The opposite of love
Is not hate
But who cares
I have been burned
The scars are why you do not
Come for me




No comments: